Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BIG Bad 5 year old!

Now and then (when he was about one)

Well, our little boy turned five today. His party isn't until Saturday, but we celebrated today by going to his favorite park, getting ice cream shakes and pizza and playing for hours outside. He got his top two presents a two wheeler bike and a scooter. So he had to spend hours perfecting his "skills" and he does have skills. He can pop a wheelie on the bike and scooter and showed Dad a bunny hop on the scooter. He is ALL boy!

I can't believe he is really five. I get all mushy when my babies have birthdays, they grow so fast. Our Gavyn came quickly, he was ready to come and meet life head on. We had struggled a bit to get pregnant with Makayla, but Gavyn must have been waiting in the wings and we were pregnant before we knew it, (they are only 16 1/2 months apart). Then he was born four weeks early, anxious again to get on with life ;-). He was perfect, such a beautiful, sweet baby. 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long. We were amazed at how good he was and how chubby he became.

Now, five years later he is learning so much and growing so big. He is very creative in drawing and building things. He is also extremely coordinated and strong. He amazed me the other day by helping me carry in a new dresser, he really is as strong as me almost. (That's from his huge DAD ;). Speaking of which, he is so much like Bryan, so he'll be a sweetheart forever, I guess. He will be a strong warrior for truth in this world, I know his mission in life needs his strength. As long as he knows, he'll always be my baby boy! Happy Birthday Gavy Man!!!

2 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Happy Birthday Gavyn! I didn't realize that he and Olivia had the same birthday (except she just turned 7). I probably knew it at some point, and just forgot... hope you all had a great day. I loved your cute tribute to him, he is a great kid!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Gavin! Such cute pictures! Have fun riding your bike and scotter!