
I'm sitting here thinking about what I can post for Bryan to know how much we love him and are grateful to have him as the Father of our family. He's been working like a mad man for the past three weeks again, trying to get caught up and finish off jobs. We are grateful for the work, but he hates being away and we hate having him gone so much. He jokes about the kids prayers, because in the same breath they pray for "big tile jobs and that Daddy can come home earlier".
So I thought I would make a list of 7 things that make Bryan the Super Dad he is, one for each year he's been a father.
So I thought I would make a list of 7 things that make Bryan the Super Dad he is, one for each year he's been a father.
#1 He understands kids and will always take time to try and understand their point of view and respect them as people too, reasoning with them at their level of understanding
#2 He understands kids and so will play with them like crazy, the kids adore him, idolize him, love him, etc.
#3 He's a great teacher, he has a gift for explaining things and so the kids have learned so much from him about the gospel, the world, and about other people
#4 He is humble and teachable, always looking for ways to improve and be better
#5 He works hard, he takes his job of providing for our family and helping me stay home very seriously and we appreciate him for it
#6 He cuddles and kisses and hugs a lot. The kids always come get in bed on Daddy's side for morning cuddles and want him to be the one to put them to bed because he'll spend forever in their rooms holding and talking to them
#7 He loves their Mom, they say the greatest way to help your kids is to love their mother and he does it so well. He is so sweet to me and has always told me that he really believes that being a full time Mom is the hardest job in the world. He is always patient with my complaining, never criticizes me, but also compliments and builds me up. I'm a lucky lady!

#2 He understands kids and so will play with them like crazy, the kids adore him, idolize him, love him, etc.
#3 He's a great teacher, he has a gift for explaining things and so the kids have learned so much from him about the gospel, the world, and about other people
#4 He is humble and teachable, always looking for ways to improve and be better
#5 He works hard, he takes his job of providing for our family and helping me stay home very seriously and we appreciate him for it
#6 He cuddles and kisses and hugs a lot. The kids always come get in bed on Daddy's side for morning cuddles and want him to be the one to put them to bed because he'll spend forever in their rooms holding and talking to them
#7 He loves their Mom, they say the greatest way to help your kids is to love their mother and he does it so well. He is so sweet to me and has always told me that he really believes that being a full time Mom is the hardest job in the world. He is always patient with my complaining, never criticizes me, but also compliments and builds me up. I'm a lucky lady!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, WE LOVE YOU BRYAN!!!!!

4 comments:
Amen to all your comments- Bryan is so fun to watch around kids- he plays with them like he's one of them, but never misses a teaching moment. I've learned so much from him, and you, Amanda! We're so lucky to have such amazing examples in parenting. Happy Father's Day Bryan! I wish we lived closer...or at least timed our pregnancies so we could visit! ha ha
Ok it sounded like I was saying I wish Bryan and I lived closer and that we timed our pregnancies so we could visit- I meant that comment more towards the FAMILY, not just Bryan. ha ha I'm such a dork sometimes. Oops!
Cari, I know you want to live closer to me and the whole Amanda and you being friends thing is a front. We all know you like me just as a friend so it is okay. In any case, when Amanda is pregnant, "we" (Amanda and I) are pregnant. She has to suffer and I have to hear her whine, so we are both in it together.
Bryan, you really are such a great dad. I feel bad cause I am always comparing Brad to the kind of Fathers that my brothers are and it is a lot for him to live up to. I am proud of you.
Post a Comment