
Well, I thought I would post a few of my favorite pictures of late and write a little about our days currently. We are still doing "school" most mornings after getting ready and breakfast and a little pick up. I try to always hit writing, math and reading at least for Makayla and Gavyn. We've been enjoying reading the American Girl Series the last few months and I actually found a Unit Study Guide for 7 of the series, so we pick out some of their activities. We so far have read about the pioneer girl, Kirsten, the Victorian Girl, Samantha from 1904 I think and are finishing up with Felicity, the Colonial Girl. Even Gavyn has enjoyed the stories and they can learn a lot about American History in the process.Gavyn and Makayla began swim lessons on Monday and they go for two weeks every weekday morning from 10:30 to 11:15. They love it, but poor Bryton misses getting to swim. He's carried his towel almost every day and even had to wear his swimsuit a few times as well. We are trying to find small errands just for him and I to run during lesson time.
The library summer reading program began on Monday as well and we learned that listening to audiobooks counts, which is Makayla's favorite thing to do (such an auditory learner). So I checked out some new books on tape and we've been listening to the next 8 Magic Treehouse books. They are so fun and the kids don't fight in the car because they are so enthralled in the books ;-). Gavyn is also way in to Swiss Family Robinson we've been reading a chapter at naptime and bedtime and he keeps asking for more.
Okay, so it sounds like all we do is read and do school. Really, a true vision of our chaotic life would include a CD player running while the kids are building their fiftieth sheet fort and moving every stuffed animal into it with food and bedding. Playing outside in the backyard at any chance possible, especially if Mom can come out and watch them all ride bikes in the road. Catching lizards, frogs, grasshoppers, snails, roaches (sooooo disgusting!), anything that moves.... Makayla cultivating her garden, which has finally sprouted squash, pea and green bean plants :). Occasional trips to the park, although it is getting so hot we can barely stand it. Swimming with cousins whenever possible. And the list goes on and on, but that is what we are up to these days. These pictures are from a recent park trip, Gavyn always Mr. Personality.

Happy 4 1/2 month old Cayders! He is such a joy, always ready with a full body smile for anyone who will look his way. He's actually sleeping all night again since he began eating cereal, so he has a more happy Momma too :-)!
2 comments:
I haven't looked at anyone's blog in awhile, so I just caught up with all of your posts. Really Amanda-how do you do all that you do with 4 kids and have time to post about it. I know you are kind of like me-Bryan is gone all the time. My favorite is of Bryton catching the snake. I should just call so we can talk it has been like a year. can't wait to see everyone next month!
Wow--you guys have had a full summer so far! It sounds like you are doing lots of great things. Like Tiffany, I am amazed at how you do everything that you do with and for your kiddoes. You are a great mom! I love your posts about all of your fun activities... you inspire me to do more :).
Post a Comment