Monday, June 30, 2008

B- Russ' B-Day


Bryan started the day by telling the kids, "Since, its my birthday you can have Popsicles for breakfast!" (I think it was a ploy to be the favorite parent) or maybe a great idea to get 10 minutes more sleep ;-)

He went to work late after opening presents and watching rocket videos with Bryton for a while on the computer. (I need to post about Bryton's new obsession with rockets since he found Bryan's model rocket at Grandma and Grandpa's). He was so excited to get some new bonsai pots and other little gifts. The kids brought them out one by one and were really excited for him.
After work, we ate dinner and cake, helped the kids catch the Black Racer snake we caught on Sunday and then watched "Bridge to Terabithia" (it has a really sad part if you don't know, we didn't and were a little shocked, but it is a good flick) as a family. Bryan ate the hugest mega chocolate shake right before bed and declared it a perfect birthday.

P.S. on the videos. Notice the outfit on Gavyn, he put on long pants, socks and shoes, Spiderman gloves and long shirt to protect him from the snake bites. This one really does bite and is super aggressive and fast. We let him go immediately after these videos.

8 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Happy Birthday Bryan! We liked Bridge to Terabithia too, but like you I was shocked at the turn the story took. I shouldn't have been, I read and re-read the book many times when I was young. It was still a good movie though and provided discussion opportunity.

Liz said...

Blake will be so proud of Gavyn and Makayla. I wish there was someway to get that video on my computer so I could send it to him in an e-mail.

James and Cari said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous day! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bryan! What a fun Dad...popsicles for breakfast! I loved the videos...your children are so lucky to have such fun, positive parents!

Tiffany said...

Happy late birthday Bryan! Will uncle Bryan teach my kids to catch a snake when we come in a few weeks? They both want to(or think they want to) after watching these videos.

Amy said...

Unbelievable! Wait until I show Bo this. He's not going to believe it. Way to go Gavyn and Makayla. Blake would be sooooo proud!

Jodi said...

No way! I had a dead snake on our patio and I was counting the minutes until Nathan came home to get rid of it. Too funny and I would say definitely Russ, but Amanda you were getting in to it too!

*~Becky~* said...

Hillary absolutely loves the video of Makayla and Gavyn catching the snake. Every time she sees me on the computer she cloimbs up in my lap, and tells me that she wants to see "Kayla and Gavyn catch the snake!" I can't even count how many times I have seen those 2 videos now. LOL. The joys of children wanting to watch the same thing over and over again!!