Friday, July 4, 2008

The Fourth of July


We had a fun evening celebrating at the Boone's. We spent the day getting our office cleared out and house things done, (we are doing some moving of beds and furniture). Then after naps we headed to have some fun. The kids were soooo excited, we've been going over there the last three years and they love to play with all their friends and watch fireworks.

There was a Florida thunderstorm right as we got there (therefore it was over in about an hour). The kids put on swimsuits and had a blast, we didn't even have to set up the slip and slide we had planned on. They caught tree frogs and lizards, took turns on slow rides on the four wheeler, jumped on the trampoline, climbed tress and filled up on sugar...popsicles, cake, candy bars, Little Debbies, etc.... Mom and Dad got to visit with the Boones, Vincents, and Chiodos. Bryan and Paris even got to work on their plant obsession for awhile.

Then it was time for the fireworks, the kids were thrilled. Or I should say the older kids were thrilled. Poor Bryton was shaking and hiding in my legs while I tried to set up a chair. I picked him up into my lap and he says "scared" and covers his ears, then pulls a blanket up over his head and lays against me. I finally convinced him to just come on into the house. He and Wyatt had fun getting a bath and then checking out the fish bowl. Bryan and the kids tell me it was wonderful, loved the fireworks! We got home around midnight, filthy, full of sugar and happy!



Partners in crime now at two
Here's Bryton (really Cayd) and Ryan on their first Independence Day, we were laughing so hard, because she grabbed his hand before we could get the camera's ready, then he has his arm around her and tries to "kiss" her (she is not quite sure about all this). Maybe there will be a Boone and Russ wedding one day after all?!!! ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun 4th of July! Cayd is so cute...I love his kisses and his arm wrapped around his friend. :) Amanda...I just now got your message! I'm so sorry...I often leave my cell phone in the van and I didn't even realize it was dead. I will give you a call tomorrow. :)

SpaceyKasey said...

So glad you came. The pictures are great.

It's really bad when we call our kids the wrong names in WRITING. Oi-vae.

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

Kasey, until you said it, I still hadn't caught my mistake...Hahaha....what will I be like at 50?!