Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kid's Workshop


So did you know that Home Depot has a Kid's workshop where you can go for free and make a cool wood project once a month all over the US. We just heard and the kids had a blast this morning making birdhouses. They got cute orange aprons with their names, a pin and certificate for the completed project, and some super cute birdhouses. We plan on returning and probably doing Lowes too, they do it every other weekend. What a wonderful idea!! The kids felt so proud of their work. Gavyn put his together with very little help and Makayla just liked a little extra Mom power knocking in all the nails.

I especially liked the way they personalized them with their names.




5 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I've seen these advertised, but we've never actually gone. The workshops look like a lot of fun, we'll have to check them out!

The Perkins said...

I had no idea that Home Depot did that, and it's free...CRAZY! I'm definitely going to look into it for the girls I nanny. Looks like tons of fun!
Your kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Thank you so much for sharing about this...I can't wait to see if our Home Depot does it!
I want to give you a call tonight...but I'm afraid it might be too late there...I'll try again tomorrow. :) Love you!!

Melody said...

Okay Amanda, you need to e-mail or call me so we can have you all over to swim.

You can go to my blog and get my e-mail address.

My Kerstyn loved when she got to go to one of those workshops. I think she mad a memory drawer.

Tyler said...

Alright,

the snake videos are the best clips I've seen in a long time. I've gotta toughen my kids up like you guys. Bryan, get the kids to catch a gator.

love you man.

Tyler