I just heard this song, "You're gonna miss this" on my friend Jodi's blog. She always inspires me to enjoy my life more each day and this song brought tears to my eyes. There have been a few moments I don't want to forget these past few days even though I haven't had my camera lately...
I was having a rough morning and was trying to carry out a lot of garbage. Gavyn was sitting in the living room looking at a book and says, "Mom, it looks like you need some help." He put down his book and came to help me get the garbage out and down to the road. What a sweet boy!!!
We spent Memorial Day at the pool with Don and Pat, The Boone's, Amy and Bo's family and Kasey and Paris 's family. None of us had a camera, but we had a blast. The kids swam and swam, we had wonderful food and great company. Cayd got in the pool for the first time. His cute rolls in a swimsuit were adorable, although his constant smile was absent, I think it will take a little getting used to the water. Bryton fell on a step and busted his chin, but a butterfly bandage seems to have done the trick.
Bryton has begun a new tradition while I prepare dinner. He unloads my pantry and makes towers counting as he builds "three, four,three, four, etc." His favorite is the mac-n-cheese boxes. The kids asked why do we have so much food (its really not that much ;-).) I told them the prophets have told us to have food storage. Later, Bryan asks Gavyn, why we have food storage, his answer..."in case there's a tornado." I guess he had formulated his own reasons.




4 comments:
Bryan and Amanda,
shame on me for not keeping in better contact. Your blog is awesome! Bryan, I never got reply to your thanksgiving message. GOBBLE GOBBLE! Keep it coming.
Fish
I love all of the pictures you post, you are so good at documenting all of the fun happenings in your life. Love your blog!
Sweet Amanda I just love being able to feel a part of your lives through your blog! You are so amazing! I always get teary eyed when I hear that song too. :) I love you!!
Jodi
I just heard that song for the first time on the CMA awards. OOOHH, so good and true. I say that to Brad all the time. That as hard as the toddler years are, we're gonna miss this. He isn't quite convinced of that yet, but I know I will. As I am writing, mine are building couch cusion tramplolines and landing pads.
Post a Comment