
Okay, so I have to blog about Makayla's hair. We joke that she got my sister Becky's hair because I had very little hair as a child. By the time I reached Kindergarten, it was to my shoulders finally and was more of a light brown/blonde color.
Makayla's hair began as old man hair, with a fringe around her head. We left it alone and between 12 months and 2 years she sported quite the Mullet. Then, it really came into its own. It was down to her waist since Christmas time 2007 at least. We have trimmed it regularly but never had it cut. It is silky and shiney and I must admit, I was in love with her hair. It was like a Barbie doll's hair to braid, exactly. When it was combed out and curled... WOW! (Please excuse my pride in something I really had no part in, but loved anyway.)
The problem we have encountered since she was 6 months old, is that Makayla doesn't like to have her hair fixed. She began ripping things out of her hair by 6 months and was probably 2 1/2 before we could really have it "done" for any length of time. She got a lot better as we could reason together. She loved her hair too, so we told her it had to be combed and fixed or we would have to cut it. That logic has worked for a long time. Still, it is a struggle to keep it combed and styled, especially if we are just at home. Well, about six months ago she began thinking about cutting it. I was appalled at the idea. I told her she really needed to think about this, because it would take a while to grow back and she needed to be sure. She has gone back and forth and finally decided she was ready. She told me she has tucked it into her shirt and thinks it looked really cute. =). Well, in the meantime, without me paying much attention to my own hair, it's been in a ponytail almost non-stop since we moved to Florida, my hair has grown longer than I ever remember. So, here's the story.....as if you hadn't already guessed....we got our hair cut together today and donated both of our hair to Locks of Love.

I almost started to cry when she really started cutting. I did cry a little last night about it. My little girl's first hair cut and the loss of that beautiful gold hair.



5 comments:
ha ha, I just did a post about me and Lila getting our hair cut and then looked at your blog and saw your post. I must say that Makayla's haircut was much more drastic than Lila's! She looks so cute though! I can't believe how much she looks like Breckann in that last picture!
Makayla,your new haircut is super cute! What an amazing gift that you guys gave to Locks of Love!
I cried too when I cut Ashley's hair for the first time. She had shiny silky long hair, down to her waist, with the most beautiful springy curls. I loved it! I cut her hair to shoulder length and she looked so grown up. It was very cute.
I guess I'm a sap for this sort of thing because I cried when Will got his curls cut for the first time too and I'm pretty sure I'll cry when Foxx's red curls are cut off.
This made me cry! In a good way. MaK looks so darn cute! I'm dying to see you, Amanda. Are we still on for Tues AM? Hope so. I want to see your new do.
You guys are so cool for donating your hair, too. Wow.
That is so awesome that you both donated your hair to locks of love! Makayla looks adorable with her new haircut! What a wonderful memory for her to know that her first haircut was such a blessing for somebody else through locks of love!! Love you tons!!!!
mmmmmmmmmmm nice tight, sexy ass on her love to make that mine, made my cousins little ass mine when i was 10 she was not quite 3, no pussyhas ever felt as nice as her 3 yr old ass
Post a Comment