Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Blueberry Day!





We get up to craziness most days. I have finally realized that I do better with it if I plan some outing to get everyone ready and out the door. Although, getting them all out the door is a stress in and of itself, you know! So today I decided to go to a U-pick Blueberry field in Howey-in the Hills. We have picked blueberries for three years now and love the freezer jam, waffles and pancakes, etc. Picking is soo much fun too. It makes me miss our Cherry trees we had in Utah. We made it. Makayla turns out to be a master at picking, so fast and quality blueberries. She and I would taste test the bush and if it was especially sweet we'd get all the ripe ones ("grazing" was encouraged ;-) at this field). Cayd slept in my new "Moby" wrap baby sling. Bryton picked anything that was round, so we really had to sort out the green, red and brown berries that were in his bucket, but he was intent on his work and wouldn't really stop to smile for me. Gavyn was Gavyn, he picked some awesome blueberries, then handed me his bucket and said I could do his and went off to explore the field. We had a blast and now have a new project for tomorrow...jam!

4 comments:

SpaceyKasey said...

What fun! You are such a great mom. How did you like the field?

And I'm diggin' your Moby! Do you like it? Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Such fun! I love blueberries! I like your sling, very cute. I got a Maya wrap when Foxx was born. I "wore" him everywhere and loved it! Jon "wore" Foxx on trips to the grocery store or on walks and loved it too! Now Foxx is big enough that we can wrap him on our backs when we go to the zoo. He really likes it too!

Tiffany said...

okay ambitious....Taking all 4 blueberry picking! The last couple of years I have taking the kids to an apple picking farm up here and it is so great! I love it as much as the kids do. By the way if I haven't mentioned it Makayla's hair is really cute. I can't believe you were able to cut it. I guess maybe I could have done it for the cause, but wow. her hair was sooo beautiful. Now she looks all grown up. Miss you guys!

ELMtreephotography said...

Hey guys - you look as busy as we do! 4 kids is SOOOO much fun!! You all look great, talk to you soon...Emily Wensel