Monday, May 5, 2008

UNO Family Home Evening


Well, we held FHE. It was later than we hoped and the lesson I had planned didn't all come together, so we read two stories. One about Pres. Monson and one he told in the April Ensign. It was okay, but then we spied a box that held our card games. One of the kids had gotten it out, so I suggested we play UNO. It was great, they are at the perfect age to understand most of it. Bryan was even trying to teach them how to talk "trash"and practice good sportsmanship, if you can do those things at the same time =-). Gavyn and Bryan both used skips once and Gavyn thought it was the best, laughing so hard and would keep saying "boo-yah" with his Dad. Makayla got a Draw Four and said "that's okay, I like to have more cards". So, I think we have found a new family game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun game! We taught Ash and Will how to play Uno last summer and it's still a favorite!

Love the trash talking, Bryan. Jon and the kids do a little of it with each other too and they even got Foxx to say some silly things during last night's Memory game.

Tiffany said...

When Amy and I used to play UNO with papa when we were little, he would always say "You Know" instead of UNO. he really thought that is how you pronounced it. ANd of course when you are 8 years old that is quite hysterical. Sorry, that just brought back memories. Uno is so nastalgic. Tell Gavyn and Makayla I challenge them to a game this summer and I will kick their butt!