Saturday, May 3, 2008

Abraham Lincoln is the new Prophet!

Gavyn was just looking over some spare change he had and trying to tell me the dates on them. He got one right and then got crazy excited when he looked at the next one. He explained to me that it was from the same year he was born and therefore it was lucky (I still don't know what year it had on it). He then examines another coin and to his euphoria, he exclaims that it also is from the year he was born! How lucky can one little boy get?! On it went! Lucky penny after lucky penny. By this time I figured he wasn't truly aware of the dates nor did he really care. Finally he says, "I know these ones are all lucky for me, really. Look, they all have the same guy on'em!"

Then he proves it to me one after the other, "Look! Same guy, same guy, same guy . . . same guy!" as he shows me the pennies. So then I asked, "Do you know who that guy is?" "No" was the honest reply. "That guy is Abraham Lincoln!" I said enthusiastically! His face again lights up and he proclaims, "Oooo, that's the new Prophet!"

We are still working with him on that.
-B Russ

No comments: