Thursday, March 13, 2008

Celebrate






Well, we celebrated Bryton's 2nd birthday Monday evening. It was a small affair, we had our family, grandma, aunt, cousins and close friends over. He chose Spider Man plates at the store. He has been wearing Gavyn's Spiderman Mask and gloves that sound like they are shooting out webs lately. The kids enjoyed playing on the playset now that the sun stays up until bedtime and popping every single balloon as fast as possible. You'll notice an outfit change. As we are calling the kids in for cake Bryton turned on the water outside and soaked himself from head to toe. Bryan thought his new camo outfit was cute. Bryton was especially excited about the cake, he was digging in it before the party started and I finally gave him a spoon to eat the last of the blue frosting instead. Once we finally had cake and ice cream, he was the last kid to leave the table.



I tried to think of a way to let the kids buy Bryton a gift besides just handing them over money. So here's what I came up with... I told them a few days before his birthday that they could earn money for a gift if they wanted. Makayla jumped right on the offer and folded towels from the laundry. Later, Gavyn took out the trash. Makayla walked all through the toy section and finally decided on a green plastic snake. When it came time for Gavyn's gift he too wanted a snake. Makayla told him they also had a cobra, so Bryton was presented with 2 plastic snakes as true gifts form his siblings.

2 comments:

SpaceyKasey said...

Killer party, guys.

And thanks for the gripewater. It did seem to help. Yay.

Tiffany said...

You guys both look so good in those pictures with the kids. Amanda what a great idea to let the kids earn money to buy gifts for Bryton. I am going to steal that idea for Brad's birthday this week. Once again I wish we lived closer so we could come to all the cousins party. It is so hard to miss out!