Now here's a Baby story for those who have not heard it and so I have it recorded....
So... two days after Makayla's birthday on January 18th we were finally on our way to the hospital to welcome our newest angel to our family. This of course is a posed picture outside the hospital at about 7:30 pm. We have almost the same shot from Bryton's birth.
I had labored at home since Thursday morning. I had a midwife appointment where I was a good 2 cms and 50%, I think she stripped my membranes when she checked me. They scheduled me for an induction on Monday the 21st if I hadn't already had him on my own. Bryan and I were really concerned about inducing him, so we just continued to pray that he would come as soon as he was ready. After being on bedrest for 2 months we all were ready, he was now over 38 weeks. Mom and Becky were here and we had decided that Thursday or Friday would be perfect timing because Makayla's birthday would be over, it was a holiday weekend with no school for Gavyn on Friday or Monday and Mom and Becky could be there a full week or more after he was born.
Well our plans seemed to be okay with little Cayd. We thought I'd go in Thursday, but was able to finally fall asleep for a few hours that night, Bryan even went on to work on Friday with his phone close to leave as soon as we called. I did call at 6:00 that evening after contractions were making me tear up and lean over. Mom had checked me at 4pm and I was 4cm dilated by then. We headed to the hospital and arrived right before 8pm, they broke my water at 8:45 and let me get up and walk around. I visited with my night crew of nurses who I hadn't seen since early November, it was a great distraction but by 10pm I was hurting too bad and wanted to get back to my room. I was still only 4-5 and 80%, I started to panic because I hurt! Bryan and Mom convinced me to get in the shower because I always love the water when I labor, they were right. We had brought a new hand held shower head with massage settings and Bryan held it while I leaned on the birthing ball. It worked for another 30-45 minutes when I got out I was at 7cm at 11:04pm, I panicked again and asked for Nubain (a narcotic they can give in an IV). THen I felt like pushing and he was born at 11:23 pm, so in 19 minutes I went from 7 to complete and pushed him out. They let me pull him out and onto my stomach like I had Bryton, such a precious experience. Everyone said he looked just like Gavyn, I was sooo in love. I just kept saying "it's over, it's over, we did it it's all over" :-}. It hurt a lot, but so worth the priceless gift of life we receive.
So... two days after Makayla's birthday on January 18th we were finally on our way to the hospital to welcome our newest angel to our family. This of course is a posed picture outside the hospital at about 7:30 pm. We have almost the same shot from Bryton's birth.
I had labored at home since Thursday morning. I had a midwife appointment where I was a good 2 cms and 50%, I think she stripped my membranes when she checked me. They scheduled me for an induction on Monday the 21st if I hadn't already had him on my own. Bryan and I were really concerned about inducing him, so we just continued to pray that he would come as soon as he was ready. After being on bedrest for 2 months we all were ready, he was now over 38 weeks. Mom and Becky were here and we had decided that Thursday or Friday would be perfect timing because Makayla's birthday would be over, it was a holiday weekend with no school for Gavyn on Friday or Monday and Mom and Becky could be there a full week or more after he was born.Well our plans seemed to be okay with little Cayd. We thought I'd go in Thursday, but was able to finally fall asleep for a few hours that night, Bryan even went on to work on Friday with his phone close to leave as soon as we called. I did call at 6:00 that evening after contractions were making me tear up and lean over. Mom had checked me at 4pm and I was 4cm dilated by then. We headed to the hospital and arrived right before 8pm, they broke my water at 8:45 and let me get up and walk around. I visited with my night crew of nurses who I hadn't seen since early November, it was a great distraction but by 10pm I was hurting too bad and wanted to get back to my room. I was still only 4-5 and 80%, I started to panic because I hurt! Bryan and Mom convinced me to get in the shower because I always love the water when I labor, they were right. We had brought a new hand held shower head with massage settings and Bryan held it while I leaned on the birthing ball. It worked for another 30-45 minutes when I got out I was at 7cm at 11:04pm, I panicked again and asked for Nubain (a narcotic they can give in an IV). THen I felt like pushing and he was born at 11:23 pm, so in 19 minutes I went from 7 to complete and pushed him out. They let me pull him out and onto my stomach like I had Bryton, such a precious experience. Everyone said he looked just like Gavyn, I was sooo in love. I just kept saying "it's over, it's over, we did it it's all over" :-}. It hurt a lot, but so worth the priceless gift of life we receive.
My Mom and second labor coach. she always knows how to help. She helped me all day Thursday and Friday. We found massage points to stimulate contractions, she walked with me, etc. She can teach Bryan what he can do next. This time she was showing him how to breathe with me when I began to hyperventilate. We were so glad she made it for this experience. Bless her heart, she said watching it is just hard because you would rather go through the pain yourself than watch your child have to do it. A mother's love is a special gift. She's been there with all the boys' births.Thanks Mom!
Here is sweet Daddy, my partner through it all, my precious husband Bryan with his Mom and Cayd. I don't know how to make it through labor (or life for that matter) without him. Mom walks with me and helps me through all the long labor parts, but then I always hit the point where I need him. "Help Me" I will say over and over and he always does. He's my strength and safe point. I am blessed to have such a good man as my husband and father of our babies.We were glad Liz made it as well, Cayd decided to come in relatively normal awake hours. She wasn't going to be able to do a middle of the night vigil again. She did say no more though because she hates to see people suffer, it's too stressful to see a natural birth although she did it herself 8 times! We love you grandma!!

Here's the one all this fuss is about. Cayden Emory Russ, (of course we didn't know his name for two days). He was 8 lbs. 3/4 oz, 21 1/2 inches long and head was 14 inches. He came out nursing well and so sweet and adorable and just perfect. I was instantly in love again!!!!
2 comments:
whew girl. It makes me tired just reading your story. I don't know how you do it! I can't wait to meet little (or probably big fat, by the time I see him) Cayd!
Love you guys!
Em
What a sweet story! He is a cutie! And way to go Momma!
Post a Comment