
I love this shot of Gavyn. He had "gotten ready" to take out the trash and rain = the chance to wear his new boots and rain coat.Apparently, the tadpoles in a local lake were all ready, because one evening we came home to the road and driveways of our neighborhood covered with baby frogs. The kids were thrilled, as you can imagine. They gathered in a huge bucket and put them in their tank. Then every morning and evening new little frogs would appear, all hopping in the same direction. The kids rushed to get ready for school so they would have a few moments to gather more babies. Their picture was rushed, they had a mission, so they look a little drugged. Dragonflies have also been abundant and Gavyn was quick enough to catch one for a picture...Cayd was just cute.
Frogs did come with their own share of drama. As the kids added the baby frogs, some of the pet adult toads they already had ate some of the babies. Nature is ugly sometimes. Poor Makayla was hysterical. Crying and yelling at the frogs, she frantically separated the different size frogs.
The funny end to our frog tale happened about 4-5 days after the initial wave of frogs. Our backdoor neighbor came knocking. She was a little concerned and said Makayla and Gavyn needed to come get their frogs because they had somehow gotten out and were all over her front porch and at another neighbors. She hadn't even noticed that their were frogs everywhere, we showed her our tank of about 50 frogs and had a good laugh.



5 comments:
How cute they look. Nature is a hard thing to explain to kids, and glad to see that they are enjoying more pets all the time. Hillary is still at that stage of "Yuck, I don't like bugs!" But that sure seems to change when she is around your kids. LOL!
I've considered eating my young at times, too. Perhaps those frogs are onto something. :)
I love your family. So much.
What cute boots! Wow...I can't believe you had so many frogs everywhere! Your kids are so amazing with reptiles, bugs, animals of all kinds...that is so awesome! I can imagine how upset sweet Makayla must have been...I had no idea toads would do that!
I love you tales. Kids are so much fun. Send me your e-mail so I can add you to my blog.
what a bunch of cuties you guys have. your kids are gorgeous :) i love to read your blog... your suchg a fun and great mom :)
Post a Comment