You know your house needs help when the neighbor kid walks in the door and looks around and says "Mmmmm, Amanda, have you ever cleaned this?", "What?", I ask.
"This! Everything is a mess?"
"What do you mean, D...?" He proceeds to point to the floor and around the room. Then tells me the whole house is a mess...Gavyn's room, Makayla's room, etc. He walks in while I am laughing almost to tears and points to the piled up kitchen counter and messy family room, "See, it's all messy". Makayla adds to it, "You should see my parent's room". What a sweetheart!
What does this tell me....Hmmm!!!!
In my defense, I have been babysitting 2-3 extra kids almost every day for the past week and a half, Bryan has been gone working non-stop, and I have four little kids. I pointed out to D... that he is the only kid in his home with an average of 3-5 adults there all the time.
But, whatever I say the truth has come out of the mouth of babes.....
I guess I should go clean instead of blog, so good night ;-)!
8 comments:
I wish I could have spent the last week and a half with you helping take care of everybody and adding my kids to the excitement. As stressful as Hannah and the rest of our illness's have been...it was actually relaxing being forces to stay home. Eliza was begging to come play at your house today and Hannah was talking about feeding your pretty turtles so we will give you a couple days to pull your house together and then maybe we can get together.
Don't you just love kids! I only have two, my husband doesn't work too late, I'm not babysitting and my house seems to always get messy. I have a sign that is in my kitchen that reads "cleaning while children are still growing is like shoveling while it is still snowing"...pointless (I added that last part).
about a year after Abby & Zack were born EVERY time we would start to pick up the house Lila would ask me who was coming over. Sad state, but I am SOOO there for you girl!
that is so funny. that's actually happened to me before. i'm feelin' ya. and to think we're suppose to be spring cleaning...yeah, right! no one's died from my messes to i'm in no rush!
Yaeh! Love that post, that's for all us moms with 4 little ones and a hard working hubby! Thanks Amanda!
I am right there with you my friend. When you have 4 it never ends, but it is all worth it. It seems like when my house is clean no one drops in, but when it's a mess there must be a sign outside that says, "Everyone is welcome to come in and take a look at the chaos." and they do. :)
Love you!!!
I am so with Gladys, now it has been "clean" for like 4-5 days straight and NO visitors, maybe I should post pictures of clean rooms to remind myself that there are those days! Oh yeah, and then keep a little photo album to show to visitors on the off days, the conversation would go something like this, " I know it looks horrible now, D..., but look here, see it has been clean before on May 2nd, 2009" ;-)
You know your house is a mess when you spend forever trying to find something in your piles of mess only to find it right where it was supposed to be. That just happened to me. I never thought to look where it was supposed to be because it usually isn't there.
I also just cut a family circle cartoon out of the paper and put it on my fridge to help be feel better. The mom is rattling off all the things she is so proud of herself for accomplishing that day to her 2 year old while she dresses her. She did things like paid her bills and organized their summer clothes. Then she walks out into her living room to see an absolute disaster. Then she says something like how come when I get the most done then my house looks the worst.
I think we all have those days...often.
Post a Comment