Over Spring Break we took the kids to the temple to walk around and see it up close. It was busy...three Moms and nine kids. We tried to encourage reverence and quiet voices, and they did relatively well....Bryton would walk with his arms folded at times. Then they would all run off after each other or a lizard or something fun.




I had heard a quote, I think from Pres. Monson that said "Touch the temple and the temple will touch you." So we told the kids to make sure they touched it. I caught this cute one of Cayd touching the side. Hopefully they'll remember this special place.
Right as we were finishing this sweet temple worker came and gave each child a card picture of the temple to keep. They were sooo excited!
My attempt at getting the four of them together ;-)
I forgot to mention Gavyn's shoes. We were rushing out the door to meet Amy and Melanie, I was working on Cayd's and Bryton's shoes and told Makayla and Gavyn to get their shoes on and get to the car. Well, as we pull into the temple which is an hour away and they start getting out I notice for the first time Gavyn's foot attire, Green Frog Rain boots. These boots are shared between the three oldest kids, they put them on to play outside in sometimes, but never for very long. I had no other shoes in the car to change into and so this is what he had to wear. Unfortunately, he rubbed blisters on the heels of his feet after the day was done and informed me that he hated these boots, so hopefully we won't have a similar situation happen again. I love kids!!!!
4 comments:
That is so amazing, the idea of taking tons of the kids to the Temple would be scary for me. I think it is a special thing for kids to see and do. My hat goes off to you MOMS. I miss being so close to the Temple. Like being in Utah and the Temples are so close. My fav. pictures are the ones where they are touching the Temple walls and the one with the kids and the Temple worker.
is that Brady in the picture with Gavyn? Seriously, it's sad when it's been so long that I don't recognize the kids anymore. Can't wait to see "y'all" at the beach
Yes, it is Brady. Bryton has his arms folded. The group picture has Gavyn, Hannah, Eliza, Emily holding onto Brett, Makayla holding Cayd, Brady and Bryton (they are best buds now, I love the two of them in this shot!).
What good moms you guys are taking them to the temple!!! I love the green rain boots. With four kids it is bound to happen. I am impressed that all four had their shoes.
Post a Comment