
Well, some of you know that a big change has occurred in the Russ home. After months of prayer and discussion and tears, we decided that Makayla and Gavyn going to regular school this year would be the best thing for our family as a whole. I have since been blessed with great peace about the decision. I love homeschooling, I love my kids, and I want my kids to love learning. There truly are many paths to reach the desired goal. So, Makayla began 1st grade and Gavyn entered Kindergarten and are doing well. Makayla LOVES it and wishes there were no weekends. Gavyn is not quite as enthusiastic but loves PE, lunch and recess ;-).
The new schedule has gotten us going earlier in the day and in the car a whole lot more (20 minutes one direction four times a day). The time with Bryton and Cayd has been good, they grow up so fast and I feel like I can give them more attention while they are still little. I actually find a few moments of quiet peace during the day now and am slowly gaining my sanity. I get to start volunteering in the kids' classes this week thanks to Grandma and look forward to seeing more of what is going on at school. I already feel even more gratitude for their teachers who give so much for so little pay.


3 comments:
I just love seeing the new updates on your blog! Bowling looks so fun...way to go Gavyn...a strike!! Cayd is so cute! It is amazing how quickly they grow. I just love his happy smile. :) It looks like Makayla and Gavyn are so excited about school! Yea! I am sure they will love it. :)
The balloon festival (I think it is called sky fest) is in Cedar at the park by the cemetery. It was so fun! I am amazed at how many activities this little town has! We have just loved it here. :)
I need to give you a call so we can talk soon. Love you!!
I love the pics of them getting ready for school. Especially the one of them carying the (back)packs on the front. LOL! They are so grown up. I am glad that you are getting some peace and actually getting some quality time with Bryton and Cayd. Also I am glad that Makayla and Gavyn both are loving school so much!!
Karyn loves school. Jessica wishes she could go to school this year. And I am happy school exists so I don't have to homeschool, but still have that option if it is the right thing and the right time to do it. I find just supporting Karyn in school takes a lot of work too. Good for you for having the courage to homeschool and also the courage to stop when that became the better option.
I loved reading about the frogs and "odorant." Kids are great!
Post a Comment