Sometimes I get to the end of the day and am like WOW, I wish I had made a To Do List so I could look back and see what all I get to mark off today :). (Did I mention I love lists?)
* Picked out Bryton's clothes for school, warm ones and helped him get dressed down to shoes
* Had family scriptures and prayer before Bryton left and he didn't miss the bus :)
* Picked out clothes for the other kids that were "Valentiney"
* Made two ham sandwiches and one PB and honey cut into triangles and baggied
* Packed apples, found a bag of goldfish, almonds, juice boxes, water and my crackers to take
* Helped children get their clothes to change into for gymnastics into another bag
* Gathered school work to do in between Nursing home and gymnastics
* Made my own rice cake, PB, and almond milk breakfast and read scriptures while I ate
* Helped children to remember to get dressed to shoes, do their own scriptures and prayers, and brush their teeth and comb hair and finish their math for the day by saying it at least 20 times
* Got myself dressed with hair and makeup, took meds
* Printed off addresses to Nursing Home and Gymnastics, then grabbed Bryan's GPS anyway
* Out the door at 9:05 with computer, lunches, school work, and change of clothes
* Ran back for jackets because we were in the 50's and everyone was freezing
* Drove to Nursing Home while talking about the residents we'd meet, practicing singing songs we did not know "Jesus Loves Me" and "I've Got the Joy"
* Had a wonderful time at the Nursing home singing twice to the residents, watching the kids hand out Valentines, visit, smile and serve lovingly. Gavyn was asking the men if they were Veterans and they almost all were, Makayla was observant for ways to serve and found many. It was a wonderful experience for us all. We made some new friends in the homeschooling group as well.
* Got new friend's contact info
* Sat in the car and did school work - watched a science video, did Book of Mormon phonics, Language Arts lessons, ate our lunch, helped little boys go to the bathroom
* Got confused by the GPS and was 10 minutes late to Gymnastics
* Visited with other homeschool Mom's and finally planned our first little co-op meeting
* Rushed to get Bryton from school, listened to Story Hour My Heritage Series about Alexander Graham Bell and sent Daddy instead.
* Unloaded the car and actually got the bags emptied and put away
* Rested for a while and read some Family Fun
* Made Dinner - Stir Fry with Letuce wraps, and leftover turkey soup for those who wouldn't like the stir fry
* Helped Makayla look for a new bunny on my computer
* Got the mail and filed it
* Helped Bryton clear and set the table
* Ate Dinner and made Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for FHE dessert
* Sang the little boys choice for songs : "I've got the Joy" twice
* Read a story about service from the Friend
* All worked on finishing Valentine's for tomorrow's party - 80 + Valentine's made!
* Got medicine for our sweet Gavyn who had a headache
* Read "Knuffle Bunny" to the kids
* Prayer and kisses to all kiddos
* Finished loading the dishwasher where Dad had started and washed the rest of the dishes
* Made Mom and Dad's Valentine's for the kids, put in pink envelopes with a bunch of M&M's
* Used the leftover felt fortune cookies for each of the kids to get one, set it all out on the kitchen bar with their Valentine's for each other
* Straightened up the table for in the morning
* Brushed teeth, took out contacts and took meds
* BLOG
Now shower and Sleep so we can start afresh
Can I just say and YELL from the roof tops how thrilled and grateful and joyful I am that the Lord has blessed me with the strength to DO!!!


3 comments:
looks like you also learned how to get your photos off you phone... Go you!!!
It is great to look back and realize that we ARE productive, no matter what kind of crazy the day has been! :) And good for you able to do all the normal things again! :D
bried
Post a Comment