I'm not going to say WHAT my resolution was in regards to blogging, but am a bit behind, but here I am :)
One day, I'll figure out how to get my pics off my phone, I'm up to like 650+. We took a lot this week because we celebrated Makayla's 10th Birthday and Cayd's 4th Birthday. We had separate parties for the first time and both on days other than their actual birthday. It made for a crazy week. The kids were out on Mon and Tues, so we did Cayd's party at the park at the Branch playgroup time. It was great, lots of friends and fun. I made dirt cake cups with little lizards and dinosaurs in them. Our favorite quote of the day, "Four-year old's do their chores, and do the commandments and do what God wants them too." He's being a very good four-year old :)
Makayla had an "Almost Sleepover Party" on Friday. She had her two neighbor friends and Achievement Day girls over dressed in pajamas. We made pizzas, played some funny minute to win it games, danced to the Wii game, spun in chairs and made parfaits (layers of chocolate cake, chocolate and vanilla pudding, real whipped cream, crunched up sugar cookies, and cruched up chocoalte animal crackers). The kids were great and Makayla had a wonderful time celebrating.
Our other major adventure for the week was a field trip to the U-pick citrus farm in Fort Myers. The kids had a blast playing with the dog, Little Bob, watching Hannah the alligator, picking oranges, tangerines and grapefruit, playing with the "Happy tree", etc. They were such a sweet couple! She even gave us her extra electric juicer when she heard we just had a hand one. The kids have used it every day!











1 comment:
Excellent birthday ideas! :) I really love Makayla's theme!
Post a Comment