I stole this from another's blog. It was just what I needed and don't want to forget, so here it is:
I was reminded again, that it is not my job to keep my house in order, raise my children, serve at Church, care for my extended family members, encourage my husband, etc., etc.
It's not my job.
It's God's.
My job is to LISTEN to what He wants me to do and DO it.
I LOVE this quote from Elder Neal A. Maxwell... he is telling reasons why we become weary...
"First, we forget that while we work with others, we are working for Him! Working for "them" can be very wearying. Our naive insistence on seeing rapid results is intensified when we work for "them"; our expectations become unrealistic and, therefore, are not fulfilled. This weariness is of our own making, real as it is. But when we truly work for Him rather than for others, we will be less cluttered, less frantic-- and more effective. We will also actually be more helpful to "them".
don't you love that? i love it.
The Lord is my shephard.
He is my King, my deliverer, my ALL.
one more great quote from Elder Maxwell...
"True exhilieration, the incomparable antidote to weariness, comes from knowing and from conforming to our true identity and our true purposes on this planet. Purposelessness, however, brings a terrible weariness."
We have SUCH purpose as mothers in Zion.
We have SUCH purpose this month!
How can we bring the Celebration of Christ to those we love?!!
How can we teach? How can we serve? How can we feel that joy?
I know it is possible.
Even amidst life's funk.
2 comments:
When I read "...it is not my job to keep my house in order, raise my children, serve at..." I thought, 'um yes, it really is though.' I read as far as "serve at church" when I started over and reread from the beginning, thinking I had just read things wrong.... I was the one who was wrong. I understand that it is God's job and try to live and do as such, but as I read I simply wasn't thinking of in that way. Thanks for the perspective and the reminder. Love it!
YES I love it. THANK YOU for the reminders! :) I needed to read these. Glad you posted. :)
Post a Comment