I just realized that today is two years!
It's been two years since Bryan was diagnosed with CML. He's still here! The American Cancer Society campaign about more birthdays always brings tears to my eyes because they truly gave us more birthdays. Cancer research found the drugs that are keeping him alive within the last 12 years. His specific drug has only been around for about 4 years.
I am also thankful that I could sit at the table and eat dinner with the kids tonight. Bryan is out of town, but my sweet Gavyn made dinner (creamy burritos, his specialty :) ), set the table and I was able to make it through dinner. It's been almost two weeks since that happened. I am blessed to have such amazing kiddos.
Grateful for the "Chick Resort" the kids have been building the past few days in the yard with Sally Jo. Our new 8 chicks are very pampered in their special place. For the record, we are down to 4 hens (getting about 3 eggs daily :) ) and these new 2 week old chicks, supposedly all girls. We lost 3 chickens before (2 to bobcats and one to an unknown cause), then 3 turned out to be roosters. We successfully found the roosters a new home, where the teen pinky promised Makayla they would not be killed :). The roosters had become rather aggressive with the kids, pecking them and drawing blood.
2 comments:
wow. Can't believe it has been 2 years... it is scary when I think about that moment when Bryan called to tell us. So glad he is ok. Can't imagine life without his craziness in it! What a miracle these drug are!!
That's wonderful!! You remain in our prayers and I'm so glad that the medicine exists that can help him!
Post a Comment